Special Program ‘The Olympic Zone’ Hosted by David Ushery
NBC 4 New York has announced its multi-faceted coverage plans for the London 2012 Olympic Games. NBC 4 New York’s five-time award-winning New York Sportscaster of the Year, Bruce Beck and NBC’s News 4 New York reporter Katy Tur will be reporting live from the London games starting Thursday, July 26th to Sunday, August 12th.
Among the highlights of the NBC 4 New York coverage:
- Live Olympic reports will air throughout the day during NBC 4 New York’s Today in New York, News 4 New York at 5 p.m., and 11 p.m. The 12 noon news will be pre-empted by the Olympics. Bruce Beck and Katy Tur’s coverage will focus on local athletes and Olympic stories important to the New York viewers at home.
- The Olympic Zone, a 30-minute daily show covering all aspects of the Olympics for two weeks beginning Saturday, July 28th. NBC 4 New York’s The Debrief host David Ushery will anchor the show from the studio. The program, airing Monday through Saturday at 7:30 p.m., will feature local Olympian profiles and interviews from London, competition recaps, and other stories of interest to Olympic viewers. Full Olympics coverage will also be available on the Olympic Zone website at http://www.nbcolympics.com/wnbc/.
“We are proud to offer our viewers local coverage of the London 2012 Olympic Games,” said Michael Jack, President and General Manager of NBC 4 New York. “With live reporting from our talent in London, to special programming such as The Olympic Zone, and extensive social media outreach, we will keep our viewers updated on the latest and most exciting Olympic news.”
In addition to television coverage, NBC 4 New York will feature a host of digital offerings for up-to-the-minute Olympic news, to include:
- Bruce Beck (@BruceBeck4NY) and Katy Tur (@KatyTur4NY) will bring their Twitter followers along with them to London as they cover the Olympic Games using #Olympics4NY to engage viewers in conversation. Additional outreach includes live chats on Facebook during key games.
- The NBC 4 New York website features an entire Olympics section (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Summer-Olympics-2012-London-146876925.html) with a running blog of all the social media reaction to the Olympics.
- The station will publish a daily, locally-focused Olympics newsletter called The Torch, highlighting the best Olympic stories of the day. Viewers can sign up to receive the newsletter by visiting http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/sports/Summer-Olympics-2012-London-146876925.html.
About NBC 4 New York
NBC 4 New York is a part of NBC Owned Television Stations. In addition to NBC 4’s main channel, there are a variety of multi-platform programming outlets including New York Nonstop, the station’s 24/7 cable news and information station, and out-of-home platforms including TV screens in taxi cabs and N.J. PATH trains. NBC 4 New York’s award-winning broadcasts feature news, entertainment, lifestyle and sports programming. For more information, visit www.nbcnewyork.com.